Saturday, December 20, 2014

Haircut


As a foreigner expecting to get a "trim" or any sort of thing done to your hair, be prepared for the worst. Even some of my chinese friends will say "It doesn't matter what you tell the hairdresser, even in Chinese, they will still do something completely different, and it will generally be a complete mess."I have heard of and gone through my own horror stories of hair salons here. A friend asked for a 2cm cut from her beautiful long hair, ended up with a bob. My own hair was dyed bright orange/yellow after I asked for a few highlights, even though not only had I asked and explained it in Chinese, I also brought about 10 photos of what I wanted. Apparently pictures are not worth any words sometimes.
The second part of this comic is a recurring theme in China. The shabbier a place is, the better it usually is. And this goes for everything from restaurants, to massage parlours, and even hair salons! Not only are your odds of better service guaranteed, the price is usually a LOT lower. My yellow/orange disaster was saved by one such place! And no, I do not parade around in a sexy black cocktail dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment